History.

The Penn Warren was originally built in 1906 as Clarksville High School, which closed and moved in 1976. The property was then redeveloped into Greenwood Place Apartments in 1982 by partners and graduates, Jerry Clark and John Roe.

In 2010, the building was acquired by two real estate entrepreneurs who invested in extensive updates and renamed it The Penn Warren, after its most notable graduate, Robert Penn Warren.